How to extract images from MS Word document (very usefull for screenshots and documentation)
I use Dokuwiki for almost all of my documentation needs. One downside of this system, compared to MS Word, for example, is that you can't simply create a screen capture, then paste it in your document. However, I learned a trick today:
- Put all your screen captures in a MS Word document
- Follow the trick here to extract all the images to a folder. If fact, you simply save your doc in the "HTML (filtered)" format.
- Rename all your image files and upload them (one-shot) into dokuwiki using the media manager, in the namespace of the page you're creating
- Use the media manager interface to do a trial and error session to determine the code you need for your images, or the syntax help.
- Copy-paste, then edit the name of the image for each image in your document.
Hope this helps!