Blackberry to Android

We recently moved away from Blackberry mostly for cost savings. We went with Samsung's Galaxy S Infuse 4g (why such a long name???). Here is my analysis after a few months of use:

Pros of the Samsung:
  • Nice touchscreen
  • A real screen
  • I'm almost as fast on the touch keyboard than on the BlackBerry's physical one
  • A lot more applications
  • 15$/month less expensive on the data plan compared to the BlackBerry
What I dislike about the Samsung
  • Bluetooth voice dialing not working with my car radio anymore
  • Poor battery life
  • Poor antenna
  • Calls that cut on the highway
  • Calls getting very bad voice quality once in a while, for about 20 seconds
  • GPS signal losses are very frequent
I just talked with a support rep at my provider and he says that most problems can be solved by shutting down the phone and starting it at least daily. I'll try that.

What I miss from the BlackBerry:
  • BlackBerry Traffic
  • More robust
  • Better 4g signal
  • Easier to find holsters
  • The red LED that let us know that there is something new
  • Ring profiles
  • Level 1 messages (I use touchdown on Android to get what I need, but it costs 20$)
Any comments welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

General linux performance troubleshooting

Asterisk works under OpenVZ (no zaptel)