Back to winter Hiking

Hmmm, winter, snow, mountain, ice... Went hiking yesterday. I really love hiking during winter.

I didn't know what kind of weather to expect, so I brought my snowshoes and crampons... I came back after the sunset, using my Petzl lamp. I felt good, alone, with the snow and the nature. In fact, I had the feeling that I wasn't really alone out there. Maybe it's because I was getting closer to myself, or maybe it was something else. Or maybe both.

Once I got down, I saw 2 persons, looking for their 17-year-old kid and his girlfriend. I offered my help... I hiked another 2 hours. It wasn't easy because I was becoming tired and it is a bit scary, in the dark, alone, in the woods... but at least I knew I had extra food, water and clothes... and when I got back to my car again, I had a note on my wiper, saying that the kid was back and safe, with thanks and their phone #. So I called them to thank them for letting me know and to let them know that I'm also back and safe. I talked to the father, and a few minutes later the mother called me to thank me personnaly...

It is funny to see how the father and mother reacted differently to the situation... The mother looked very anxious and has shown her appreciation in a more demonstrative manner... But they probably felt the same inside.

Rather irrelevant story, but... I had fun yesterday :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

General linux performance troubleshooting

Asterisk works under OpenVZ (no zaptel)