PfSense follow-up

I have been using PfSense for a month now, so I thought I should post about it... I ran into a few problems that I'd like to share:

  • Unexpected crashes caused by a PSU that was not powerful enough
  • All my devices/computers lost their IP address (DHCP)
I solved the first problem using an 1.5A PSU (I was using a 0.8A PSU). It only crashed once since then, but my target is more... 0 (a firewall shouldn't crash).

For the second problem, I increased my lease time to 1 week. Logs show nothing about what could have caused this incident (according to the logs, PfSense's DHCP server was still serving clients correctly).

NOTE: RC2 is out, I'm trying that right now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

General linux performance troubleshooting

Asterisk works under OpenVZ (no zaptel)